The Farm "Campus CLUE"
It is located at km 25 of the Provincial Route 11 in the town of Magdalena. It has an area of 96 hectares. It is a transit point for inmates and prison former internal that by agreement with the Buenos Aires Penitentiary Service comply there his last year sentence. From 2000 until March 2014, about 300 people have passed through the farm and currently live there 29.
On The Farm the internal has a home, work, is trained in different areas and has the spiritual and human containment that need to reintegrate into society.
The main objective of our work on the Farmhouse is to contribute to the rehabilitation and social reintegration of former prison inmates, thus avoiding recidivism that it is one of the biggest problems in our society.You may be guided directions to the Farm Campus, following the Google Map
I have the honor to address you, to interiorizarle about the work we are developing through our Civil Association Nonprofit “Christ the Only Hope” with Provincial Legal Status N. 15045/95. The strategic mission of our institution is the recovery and social reinsertion of those prison inmates enjoyed probation and also those who have served their sentence, by stimulating an expectation of social mobility and the rediscovery of the “Culture of Work”. Thanks to the donation of Christian churches in Switzerland, for 10 years, we have a farm of 96 acres in the Town of Magdalena, which already has more than 80 ex-inmates passed and currently are housed 15 people. There are taught about gardening, animals, painting and other crafts. Most of those released have nowhere to live neither social habitat to internalize new behavior patterns and, therefore, many of them then repeat their crimes. The task is daunting, but we have the strength and experience to rehabilitate many of these guys that have been wrong in life. Moreover, since 1983, we developed a program interprission work, with which, more than 30,000 young people from different Prisons, have received training in relation to the four cornerstones of our institutional mission:
We do not have any Government assistance, whether federal, provincial or municipal. We carry the task ahead thanks to the resources provided by people of good will who aspire to a better society, with less crime and greater security for their families. Despite the efforts of the State, statistics show that crime grows more and more and we do not want to remain impassive in an attitude of mere protest or expectation motionless. Therefore, as operational tactics, we decided not dedicate only to face the emerging crime, but also to attack its root causes, such as marginalization and social exclusion. That is why we invite you to experience our farm and our work. We know there is much to do, but if you decide to help, together we will be much closer to making a better and safer Province. We believe in change and transformation of the human being as we have seen in “the worst criminals in our country”. We can reach many more. We do not assume as excluding protagonists of our proposed profound changes. Our aspiration is not palliative, but a genuine transformation of social reality, in the specific field of rehabilitation.
We ask for your willingness to collaborate with this work that we hope all and for all.
No one else salute with the highest consideration.
Juan R. Zuccarelli
We have reached some dreams already, but conform is not our style, we know that much remains to be done and believe that your contribution and ours, we can live in a society with less crime, more jobs, more education, more people livining dignity.
- Integral Farm: Its objectives are environmental care and self-sufficiency of the Farm Campus CLUE. Organic gardening, animal husbandry, greenhouse, are some of the activities proposed.
- Labor Workshops: The purpose of this project is to strengthen the capacity of domestic labor of the Farm and provide more and better reemployment opportunities through workshops Blacksmithing, Carpentry, Building Blocks, Armed Benches and tables of cement for parks and squares.
- Educational Farm: Provide to the internals the ability to develop in a non-prison environment by encouraging work, good human relations and social reintegration alternative for them. Offering children from schools in the area a healthy space where learning to respect and care for nature, healthy eating, knowledge of animals, plants and their benefits and also the transmission of Christian values. And Generate resources for the maintenance of the Farm Campus CLUE. They are your main objetives.
- Educational workshops: Empowering those who live in Farmhouse for the purpose of generate higher chances of socially reintegrate. Namely: Computers, Gardening, Cooking, Maintenance Buildings, Digital Photography, Music, Web Design.
- Reforestation of Eucalyptus and other species that allow us oxygenation of the property and a curtain for winds in the area.
- Tambo: For domestic consumption of milk, cheese and sweets and generating resources for the maintenance of the Farm Campus CLUE.
- Installing Sheds or Buildings: Operating as Hatchery Chickens and Laying Hens with the objective of create work habits and obtain financial resources.
- Factory Project: Biodiesel, compost from Humus and worm for the purpose of self-sufficient fuel for vehicles of the organization, improve the soil and especially contribute to efforts to maintain a healthier environment for everyone.
- Recreation Camping: The objective is to Provide to the Internal chance to develop in a non-prison environment, encouraging work, good human relations and social reintegration alternative for them. Provide to the people of the region with a space conducive to rest and enjoyment of nature while generating revenue for the growth of the Farm Campus CLUE.
- Artificial lake for fish stocking: to provide us with a supplement in the diet of domestic and offer recreation space for them and visitors to the farm.
A tool for social reintegration Farm campus
The promotion or suppression of insecurity in the Province of Buenos Aires is the result of the state in general, therefore and understanding that we all represent the entire society can be part of the solution. It depends on the attitude to be taken in front of it there will be a change, for better or for worse.
Since our inception, specifically 1983, we understand that the transformation of society is promoted from the individual contribution. According to our abilities and relevant areas, we could achieve important objectives on track for this positive change in reality. So it was that two years after the Buenos Aires Penitentiary Service (SPB) gave us, in Unit 1 of Olmos, the first evangelical flag of the country, the scope of the goals forged search for higher objetives. So from 1995 -the year of its foundation-through “Christ The Only Hope Civil Association” (CLUE), we continue our contributions to the work of SPB in the re-education and re-insertion of detainees.
How do we do?
High levels of crime is committed for CLUE area. Precisely prisons and more specifically, inmates and former inmates of the SPB. To this end the tools are: social inclusion of former internal through work on the Farm Campus and containment and emotional, spiritual and intellectual development that remain within the system by evangelical communities in prison Units.
We firmly believe that people can change their lives from the moment they decide to do. But change must start from the concepts of themselves, from their spiritual self, however long they were numbers and forged a concept of pseudo-identity, nameless. We believe that God is unique – with all that entails – and from there begins the turn.
This is why the work on the Farm Campus CLUE is based on four fundamental points that proved to be really effective for rehabilitation.
As a starting point, at the core of every society: the family. So it is essential that the gap forged by particular situations is restored. The highest percentage of those staying on the farm have lost their families or have distanced themselves from them by their condition.
The family is the most important loop, which encourages us to work on it providing immediate containment and supports them in the previous stage of rehabilitation.
The second phase for the resocialization incentive to work as a primary resource for insertion into social life, that dignifies them. However, it is known that they are not used to this, many only know how to commit a crime, therefore we developed this task in two stages: the first is to teach them to do certain jobs and meet schedules. The second stage acts from the implementation of learning, are assigned specific responsibilities of work, giving them social assistance that enables to manage their own financial resources.
The third priority is education, points to motivating speech from reading and writing, as they are operations that are part of the communication skills of every human being. Through these elements they can represent their thoughts, synthesize their needs and wishes as well as being a tool that will allow them to integrate into society.
We also strive to make each of them to complete their studies, both primary, and the secondary. Also we encourage take courses that will enable them for better development in the society.
And as a fourth point, the spiritual area. Because on the basis from creed of the institution, that human beings are tripartite, body, soul and spirit, we understand that if treated only the spirit, potholes would likewise would happen if they did not receive the same treatment.
Who collaborate with our work? Anything of what succeeded have been possible without the hard work of men and women who voluntarily invest their time moved by the interest of being actors of the program that caught the attention of national and international press, and states that have taken our organizational structure as a model.
Our team is formed by social psychologist, nurse practitioners, social work students, pastors, accountant, farmers, blacksmiths, carpenters and volunteers who provide various services. None of them receive a salary for their contributions to this project.
While we still have projects to reach Farm Campus is part of the social activities to finally eradicate insecurity is a tool available to those who wish to participate. Being in it is part of the responsibility we have as citizens to help fulfil the goals that the state has to ensure the security and coexistence of all its inhabitants
As examples in many other parts of the world and demonstrated in several areas, is when civil society is taking action to accompany the State to ensure that the rights of the population are exercised. We want to get into action and adding others in the effort to see our society transformed.